A trusted, first-class solution
The ADEPT® Hip Resurfacing System has evolved from the development of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (BHR). It is the result of a successful combination of the knowledge and experience gained by Finsbury (now MatOrtho®) from our direct involvement as the original manufacturing specialists along with extensive research into historically successful MoM devices.
The ADEPT® Hip Resurfacing System has been in successful clinical use globally for over 16 years. Clinical data shows that:
- Younger and more active patients are being accepted for hip replacement (63% of resurfacing patients in Australia are under 55 years old )
- Hip resurfacing patients are free to return to work and active lifestyles [2-3] without compromised function.
- Mid-term survivorship for the ADEPT® is class-leading [1,4] with a lower revision rate than total hip replacement in younger patients  and an ODEP 10A rating .
Delivering results through performance
- Constant ROM for all sizes
- Extremely low rate of dislocation compared to THR
- Bone conserving
- Low friction, fluid-film lubrication bearing
- Natural feel and ROM
- Proven fixation
- Optimised clearance for long-term low wear
- Coverage constant throughout range
- Metallurgy optimised from the 1960s
- Still produced by the original manufacturing
First class clinical data
- Proven low NJR revision and mortality rates
- Lowest revision rates and ODEP 13A1
- Higher function for physiologically young patients
- Early intervention for patients likely to outlive a THR
- Based on 50-year heritage of successful MoM THRs
Simple, proven instrumentation
- Optimised sizing and preparation tools
- Simple, reliable neck centring devices
- Simple, reliable cup alignment technique
- Low profile cup introduction
- Safe head cement pressurisation
Implant and sizing options
- 2mm head size increments to reproduce
natural head diameter
- Minimal cup wall thickness for minimal reaming
- Two cup sizes for every head size
- Available range 46mm to 58mm bearings
Benefits of hip resurfacing over total hip replacement
- Surgeons allow their hip resurfacing patients to return to a wider variety of sport and leisure activities without restriction than with a total hip replacement [7,3].
- Hip resurfacing significantly reduces the risk of dislocation as compared to total hip replacement .
- Hip resurfacing is more conservative than THR and has a lower risk of postoperative infection .
- Patients receiving a hip resurfacing device have a lower risk of mortality compared to THR [9,10].
- Patient satisfaction for the ADEPT® Hip Resurfacing is over 95% .
Expert insights from surgeons
Below, are several useful and informative presentations on the outcomes from surgeons who currently practice hip resurfacing.
Fill in your details below to download the ADEPT® Flyer.
ADEPT® Clinical Rationale
Fill in your details below to download the ADEPT® Clinical Rationale
Fill in your details below to download the ADEPT® Brochure.
ADEPT® Operative Technique
Fill in your details below to download the ADEPT® Operative Technique